Typomania video contest is one of the main events of the festival. The contest exists from the very beginning of the event and we recieve hundreds of type videos annually. The participants are designers, motion designers, animators — students and professionals.
Entry submission for Typomania 2020 video contest will be open from March 1 till May 1 2020. The works will be evaluated by an international jury. The announcement of the results and the awards ceremony will take place during the closing ceremony on June 7 2020 in the Museum of Moscow (Moscow, Zubovsky boulevard, 2).
The curator of the videocontest is Vasily Shikhachevsky firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The main Typomania nomination. Any video (with font playing the key role in it) lasting from 30 seconds to 3 minutes.
2. Short videos, animated sketches and font experiments lasting no more than 30 seconds.
3. Animated posters (details coming soon).
4. Titles for movies, cartoons, TV series lasting from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
TERMS OF COMPETITION
1. Videos in which font plays an active role are accepted for the contest. Videos should to be created in 2017—2020.
2. Both individual authors and creative teams can take part in the competition. There are no age restrictions.
3. Participation in the contest is free of charge. Each participant can provide any number of works.
4. Videos should not contain the names of the authors, it is necessary for the independent work of the jury.
5. The name of the file to be uploaded must be written in Latin letters and the name of the author (or authors) must be indicated in the name.
6. The submition of the videos begins on the 1st of March, 2020 and ends on the 1st of May, 2020. Works submitted after that date will not be accepted.
7. Technical requirements: .mp4 or .mov, H264 codec, bitrate not less than 4 and not more than 20 mbps, 1920x1080 pixels 30 fps. Files that do not meet these requirements will not be accepted.
The works of the participants of the past years can be seen on the channel TypomaniaFest on YouTube.
SELECTION OF WORKS
Works submitted to the video contest, pass several stages of selection:
longlist — such works are uploaded on the channel TypomaniaFest on YouTube after the end of the competition
medium list — these videos are exhibited during the festival in the Museum of Moscow
shortlist — will be shown in the final part of the festival on the closing day and some of them will get the Typomania prizes.
– 9 glowing Typomania letters
– 3 special prizes (for 3D-graphics, for classic animation and special prize from the organizers of the festival)
– Special prizes from partners
The jury consists of stars of motion design and graphic design.
DIA STUDIO (USA)
Mitch Paone и Meg Paone
LAMM & KIRCH (Grermany)
TANIA ALVAREZ ZALDIVAR (Mexico)
ARTHUR KONDRASHENKOV (Russia)
Art Director, designer, digital artist from Moscow. Creative Director of the Russian company silasveta — pioneers in the field of light mapping. Among his projects are shows for the world's largest companies and venues: Samsung, Vogue, the Tretyakov gallery, Mutabor and others. Participant and laureate of numerous festivals of light design. Actively explores the boundary areas between scenography, design and technology
Superdesigners — Moscow design Studio, founded in 2017 by Ilya Perevedentsev and Valery Lunchuk. An important area of work of Superdesigners is the study of aesthetics of modern technologies and its application in design and advertising.